For the past few weeks, we’ve been beavering away behind the scenes to put together our program, and while we’re not quite ready to make a full announcement yet. we did want to give you a bit of a taster of what you can expect on August 14 & 15th.
The Village Roadshow Theatrette is where we’ll be hosting our lecture / panel sessions. We want to make these a little bit longer than in previous years to give the speakers more time and also to give the audicnce more time to ask questions.
Planned sessions include:
- The mainstream versus the independent sector
- Transitioning into indie developlement
- Diversity in the industry
- Where games development will be in the next 5 years
The Seminar rooms at the State Library will be where we hold our smaller, more focused workshops:
- Procedural content creation
- Managing small teams
- Running a team using agile
- Audio design
- Level design
- Programing for artists
- Writing for games
Lastly, the Experimedia space will house our public program, incuding demos of games from indie developers and a series of panels devoted to exposing a broader audience to what we do as developers:
- Games and screen culture
- A game design challenge
- The role of education and development
- Where to find free and open source development tools
Over the next week, we’ll be confirming with our speakers – drawn from diverse backgrounds including professional and indie developers, educators, cross-platform creatives, film makers, and writers – and filling in the detail.