In the absence of us being able to bring international speakers over or finding someone locally to hit some of the keynote ideas we’d sketched out, we knuckled down and tried to think what else we could do that would still be inspiring and could still connect to our 2011 theme of Handmade.
And what we came up with was an idea that turned into a plan which turned into something that we hope will be unique and kind of cool.
Here’s the idea:
- Crowdsource our keynote (or unKeynote as we’ve christened it).
Here’s the plan:
- Think about what you’d tell a room full of developers, students, artists, educators, critics, writers, that fits in with our theme of Handmade
- Make up a single powerpoint slide that illustrates that.
- Fill in the presenter notes with enough to fill around 30-40 seconds if read out loud. That’s about 60 – 80 words. Try not to go over that.
- Email the slide to firstname.lastname@example.org
Here’s what we hope it will turn into:
- We’ll stitch them together, try to find the common themes, and present them all together as our Freeplay 2011 unKeynote on Saturday, August 21.
Feel free to spread this around, ask as many people as you can, and find (or think of) as many ideas and opinions and images and left-of-field thoughts about what Handmade might mean.