Who can enter?
The awards are open to all independent game developers, students and artists. Entries may be made by either individuals or teams.
Entrants should be Australian or residing in Australia. If an entry is made by a team, the majority of the team should be Australian or residing in Australia.
To compete, an entry must be submitted to Freeplay Independent Games Festival Awards by 11:59pm on Friday, 13 March 2015 at the latest. An entry may be submitted by ordinary mail on CD/DVD, electronically via email, or via direct download link.
The mail address is:
Freeplay Independent Games Festival, The Wheeler Centre, 176 Little Lonsdale Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000
It is recommended that you use registered post to submit your entry.
The categories are:
- The Freeplay Award (Best Game)
- Best Design
- Best Visual Art
- Best Audio
- Best Narrative
- Best Tech
- Best Non-Digital
Each of the judges will select one winner from the submissions for each category. The game with the most votes in a category is the “Winning Game” for that category.
To enter, simply fill in the online application form and email, post, or make available for download your entry.
Entries for the awards can be submitted in one of the following formats:
- A link to a webpage, for online games.
- A promo code and a link for mobile games.
- A CD or DVD or USB stick for PC games. The game should be directly runnable from the disc, or there should be a program that installs the game.
- A physical package or other in the case of non-digital games. Contact [email protected] if you are unsure how to get your non-digital game to us.
- If your game has specific hardware requirements such as custom peripherals or console hardware, Freeplay will work with you to arrange an opportunity to showcase your game to the judges prior to the closing of judging. Please indicate this on your application form.
If you have any questions about how to submit your work, please contact [email protected] before the deadline.
Nominees will be notified via email on or before 10 April 2015 when the shortlisted projects are announced at Freeplay.
Shortlisted projects will be requested to provide imagery or video for the Freeplay Awards ceremony no later than April 14.
Exhibition opportunities may become available during and after the festival. Freeplay will notify eligible projects for agreements and exhibition rights.
You can see a full copy of the rules on our website here.
For any questions regarding the competition, contact [email protected].